- About Us
- Open Space
- Land Use
- Reeds Nightclub
- Turnpike Widening
- Unisys Properties (COPT)
- Wings Field
- Borit (Asbestos Site)
- Leoni Parcels (Center Square)
- Get Involved
- Recent posts
Pros and Cons of Development
Pros and Cons for Development of the Reeds Property
We believe that any development proposal for the Reeds property should take into consideration the following:
- Current zoning would allow approximately 30 single family homes. We understand that the existing non-conforming use overrides that zoning, however any proposal that will change density must consider the character of our rural / suburban township.
- Zoning is supposed to protect each of us from haphazard development. Adjacent homeowners purchased properties in a neighborhood of single family homes. Absent a compelling public need (or the agreement of the neighbors), government should not pull the rug out from under them by rezoning to allow unexpected or uncharacteristic development.
Future development can have positive aspects, such as:
- Improving the property's aesthetics when compared to the current use
- Removing any nuisances created by the nightclub operation
- Using cluster development to preserve open space when compared to a traditional single family home development
- Making the project's walking trails open to the community
- Increasing tax revenue to the Township, County and School District.